A Delicious Vegan Teriyaki “Chicken” Stir-Fry
Indulge in the savoury delights of a Vegan Teriyaki “Chicken” Stir-Fry, an exquisite dish that embraces the world of plant-based cuisine. This delicious dish is made from tofu and an variety of fresh vegetables.
Our tip is to buy a frozen block of tofu. This will offer a remarkably chewy texture to the tofu and will remove any extra moisture the tofu may have. This will make you dish mix well with your rice or noodles.
- 450 grams (1 pound) of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Red Onion, meticulously diced into bite-sized fragments
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Snap Peas
- 200 grams (7 ounces) of Broccoli, artfully chopped
- 200 grams (7 ounces) of Cauliflower, deftly chopped
- 1 Zucchini, transformed into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Squash, metamorphosed into bite-sized portions
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of Teriyaki Sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 3-5 Scallions, delicately sliced
- 15 grams (2 tablespoons) of Sesame Seeds
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Canola Oil
- Brown Rice, Quinoa, or Noodles
- Grab you frozen tofu and defrost the tofu using the power of microwaves for approximately 10 minutes. After thawing, allow the tofu to cool for around 5 minutes. Once sufficiently cooled, apply gentle pressure to the tofu, you can do this but putting the tofu between 2 plates and apply some pressure.
- Proceed to cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes, setting them aside for later use.
- Grab a pot or a saucepan with approximately 1.27 cm (1/2 inch) of water and place it over medium heat. Once the water simmers, add the broccoli florets and cauliflower, covering the pot with a lid. Allow the vegetables to steam for 4-5 minutes until they are tender. Drain the steamed vegetables and set them aside.
- Grab a non-stick skillet or a wok, raising the heat to a high intensity. Pour a tablespoon of canola oil in to the pan or wok, then add the tofu cubes. Evenly distribute the soy sauce over the tofu pieces. Cook and flip the tofu until it turns a golden colour on all sides. Remember, unlike meat, tofu requires a lighter touch.
- Once the tofu reaches a golden colour, add an extra tablespoon of canola oil to the pan. Add all of vegetables and the teriyaki sauce to the pan / wok. Stir everything together and cook on a high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently assemble a cup of brown rice, quinoa, or noodles, placing them on one side of your plate. Grab your pan / wok and add the tofu and vegetables to your plate.
- Shower the your plate sesame seeds and sliced green onions for some extra flavour for your dish.