Our Fun Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
The little ones will gobble up this fun spin on spaghetti. Squash is so sweet and scrummy. I usually skip the salt and pepper so the littles can add their own if they fancy. Serve this healthy tea with some salad and a chunk of bread for dunking.
- 1 baked spaghetti squash
- 2 large chopped shallots
- 450g minced beef
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200g grated cheese
- 85g spinach, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the top and bottom off the squash and slice it in half lengthwise. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a lined baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes until tender when pierced.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the shallots for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cool enough to handle, scrape the squash strands into a bowl with a fork.
- Mix the squash, 3/4 of the cheese, mince mixture and spinach together.
- Spoon the mixture into the squash shells on a lined baking tray or an ovenproof dish.
- Bake 10 minutes at 180C until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the cheesy mince and squash in bowls with some salad and bread for dunking. Enjoy!