Prawn Stir fry with pineapple
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dish, this Prawn Stir-Fry with Pineapple is the perfect choice. It combines the sweetness of pineapple with succulent shrimp and a medley of colourful vegetables, all cooked in a tasty sauce. The perfect summer time dish!
• 500g of prawns, peeled and deveined
• 1 cup of pineapple chunks
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
• 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cooked rice for serving
In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch-water mixture. Set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet, add the sliced red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and add the pineapple chunks. Stir in the sauce mixture prepared earlier and toss everything together to coat the shrimp and vegetables evenly. Cook for an additional 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
Serve the Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry over a bed of cooked rice.
Thats it! A simple prawn stir fry with pineapple!