Fish Tacos Recipe: Cooking Fun for Kids
Are you ready for a cooking adventure that will tickle your taste buds? Grab your aprons and get ready to whip up some amazing fish tacos that will have your family asking for more. Let’s dive right in!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 pound of fresh white fish fillets (like cod or tilapia)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 4 soft taco shells
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup of chopped bell peppers (any color you like)
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce or cabbage
Let’s Get Cooking:
Step 1: Prep the Fish
- Ask a grown-up to help you wash the fish fillets under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place the fish fillets on a plate and sprinkle them with salt, black pepper, and paprika. This is your magical seasoning mix!
- Gently rub the seasoning all over the fish to make sure it’s coated with flavour.
Step 2: Time to Sizzle
- Ask a grown-up to help you heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully place the seasoned fish fillets in the pan.
- Let the fish cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until it’s cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Step 3: Let’s Make Salsa
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, and finely chopped onion.
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice over the veggies. This will make them super tasty!
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and give everything a good mix. Your colourful salsa is ready to party!
Step 4: Taco Assembly Fun
- Warm up your soft taco shells in the microwave or oven for a few seconds. Ask a grown-up for help if needed.
- Take a warm taco shell and place a piece of your delicious cooked fish in the centre.
- Top the fish with a spoonful of the colourful salsa you made earlier.
- Add a handful of shredded lettuce or cabbage on top. This will give your taco a nice crunch!
Let’s Dig In!
Congratulations, you’ve created a masterpiece – your very own fish taco! Hold it gently, take a big bite, and let the explosion of flavors make you smile.
Cooking is all about having fun and being creative. Now, share your culinary masterpiece with your family and enjoy the delicious fruits of your cooking adventure!